If your living room is made in the style of minimalism, then there may be one picture – quite large, hanging in the center of an empty main wall or above the sofa. It can be cubism from classical painting, something in the style of Kazimir Malevich (who, by the way, in addition to the "Black Square" has many similar unusual images with bright and large geometric shapes). Also, abstraction is suitable, but something very restrained, in two or three colors without gradients, for example, a bright spot on a white background. If you choose minimalism, then you will love bright abstractions or stylish modular options.
For minimalism, photographs are perfect (necessarily black and white and also in the style of minimalism, simple and without small details), simple posters with clear, short inscriptions, and quotes.
You need a huge picture in a chic golden frame, florid and pretentious. The picture can be a large-scale panoramic landscape – the sea with ships, a field or forest, palace scenes. A classic portrait of a royal family or a poet, for example, will look very beautiful. In a word, reproductions of classical artists are just that. In order for the image to fit into the interior in the classical style or in the modern style, it is also worth choosing a suitable frame.
Black and white or color photographs in frames are suitable for a loft-style living room, but they must be beautifully placed on the wall so that the composition looks harmonious. You can frame them with a white garland or light bulbs, which always look great in a loft-style against a background of brick walls. Colored paintings will attract attention and become bright and original interior decoration. Posters, maps, and Cubist portraits are also ideal for a loft.
The living room in the Scandinavian style should "breathe" and be spacious, airy, light. Painting in such a room should be simple and unobtrusive, for example, a modular composition with delicate colors. Tapestries with images of birds, animals, plants, bouquets, leaves will do. Everything should be simple and modest, elegant, and without pretentiousness. Landscapes, also simple and charming, in light, gentle colors, are also suitable. Paintings with images of animals or birds will decorate the living room with a light interior and wooden furniture.
How to Choose The Perfect Painting Size For The Living Room Interior
The principles of visual perception of space suggest:
- Large paintings conceal a small space, small images in a spacious room are "lost".
- The gallery on the wall becomes an attractive artistic "spot" and is able to fulfill the role of semantic zoning of the living room.
- The height of the room will visually increase with the help of a large vertical canvas.
- The horizontal arrangement of a large image will create the effect of increasing spatial frames across the width of the area.
- Medium-sized square paintings do not visually change the geometry of the living room
- A large canvas or several large images above a fireplace or sofa visually reduce the volume of these interior items.
All paintings presented in this article and many many more can be purchased at painting for living room.